Kate Laffitte focuses on commercial real estate transactions, representing lenders, property owners, and developers in the acquisition, disposition, financing, refinancing and leasing of commercial properties. Separate from real estate, Kate also works with clients on issues surrounding creditors’ rights and bankruptcy.
Kate graduated from Wofford College in 2010 and received her Juris Doctor from the Charleston School of Law in 2013. Following law school, Kate served as a judicial law clerk for The Honorable J.C. Nicholson, Jr., of the South Carolina Circuit Court and for The Honorable Helen E. Burris of the United States Bankruptcy Court. Kate joined Roe Cassidy in 2021 after practicing commercial real estate at a large Am100 law firm in Greenville.
- Wofford College, B.A., 2010, cum laude
- Charleston School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Greenville County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- South Carolina Bankers Association
- South Carolina – 2013
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina – 2016
- Greenville Magazine’s Best and Brightest 35 and Under, 2018
- Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite for Bankruptcy, 2019
- Leadership Greenville, Class 44