Ross B. Plyler practices in the areas of business and employment law, college and university law and insurance coverage. In Ross’ employment practice, he represents employers in litigation and alternative dispute resolution and advises on ways to minimize risk. Ross represents private institutions of higher learning primarily in employment, student disciplinary action, faculty issues, contracts, and compliance with Title IX, FERPA, HIPAA, the Clery Act, and other regulatory acts. He handles premises liability and policy development for these higher education institutions, employment, student health, disability and academic accommodations, and academic concessions and offers risk management advice on fraternities/sororities, travel abroad, student internships, adjunct faculty arrangements, and other related issues. In his insurance practice, Ross defends local, regional, and national entities throughout South Carolina. He also represents insurance companies in litigation involving coverage disputes, first party claims, commercial liability, errors and omissions, and bad faith claims.
Ross’ reputation has earned him an AV preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell, and he has been honored as South Carolina Super Lawyer® in the area of General Litigation and has been recognized by Greenville Business Magazine as one of the Legal Elite in Civil Litigation. Following law school, Ross served as a law clerk for The Honorable Henry M. Herlong, Jr., United States District Court Judge.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Wofford College, B.A., History and Government, summa cum laude
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Upstate Legal Elite in Civil Litigation and Insurance, Greenville Business Magazine
- Leadership in the Law Award, South Carolina Lawyers Weekly (2014)
- South Carolina Super Lawyer® (2014-2018)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star® (2013)